Heliodyssey registrations are open till October 20, 2019
- The aspirants need to fulfil the eligibility requirements mentioned in the ‘Eligibility for Heliodyssey 2019’ document. The expedition is open to Indian students from class 6th to 12th from recognized schools.
- The aspirants need to pay an application fee of Rs. 990 (non-refundable).
- Heliodyssey 2019 will have four teams to study the annular eclipse of 2019, one of which will travel to Oman, and the other three to Kerala & Karnataka, at 3 locations strategically chosen.
- Once the application fee has been paid, the applicant will not be able to edit or cancel the registration. Kindly make sure to verify all the details before submitting the form.
- Submission of registration form and payment of the fee does not guarantee selection as a team member for Heliodyssey 2019. It is only an application. Selection depends on the performance in the selection examination and other selection criteria.
- SPACE India reserves the right to deny selection to an applicant based on faulty application, invalid proofs, or such decisions that the organization seems reasonable. For example, faulty/wrong ID Question-based will be subjected to cancellation of your seats.
- The applicant should not be a direct relative of any employee of SPACE India, its sister concerns or its partner office.
- The syllabus for both the Categories is mentioned in the ‘Syllabus for Heliodyssey2019 (Annexure-5)’.The questions will be based on topics from General Science, Mathematics, BasicCosmology, Astronomy, Astronomers, and Space Scientist, Space Mission and Rockets.
- On registering and successful payment of the application fee, the applicant will receive a confirmation e-mail. Confirmed applicants will receive a mail before 20th October 2019 that would contain a unique ID and Password using which they can log into the portal on the day of the examination and take the test. Examination shall not be at any designated centers and no admit card shall be issued. Its an online test that can be appeared from any place under the given time duration.
- The User ID and Password will be valid only during the allotted time given to the applicant on the same mail containing the User ID and Password. If the applicant fails to give the examination in the mentioned timeline, he or she would not be able to log in.
- The date for the conduction of SHOT 2019 will be 3rd November 2019 (Tentatively).
- The results of SHOT 2019 will be declared on 11th November 2019 (Tentatively).
- Before the actual examination, successfully registered applicants will get practice Mock Tests to prepare and test themselves for the SHOT 2019.
- All updates on Heliodyssey 2019 will be regularly posted on the websitewww.heliodyssey.org. Visit the site regularly to avoid missing out on important information and subscribe to it using your e-mail. You can also follow Heliodyssey 2019 on Facebook with the same name, to stay updated.
- The selection of the students post examination will be done based on merit on the SHOT 2019, and in accordance to them qualifying the selection criteria mentioned in detail in the ‘Selection Criteria for Heliodyssey 2019’(Annexure3)
- The selected students will be required to attend a one-day training/orientation session, to be conducted in Delhi , in the third week of November 2019 to get an orientation to the whole expedition, receive their science kit, get introduced to their fellow team members, receive the itinerary for the expedition, and trained on all the science, experiments and equipment’s. The selected students would be travelling for an orientation and training workshop. All expenses related to travel for the training will be taken care of by the candidate only. SPACE India will only be responsible for their accommodation for the same.
- The final date and venue for the training will be announced on October 2019.
- To prepare for SHOT 2019, aspirants can refer to Model test paper, which will be made available on our website from the first week on October 2019.
- Applicants selected as team members for Heliodyssey 2019 team 1 that would travel to Oman should have a valid passport with validity up to July 2020. The eclipse will occur on 26th December 2019, the journey will begin on the 23nd of December 2019.
The visa form for all the selected applicants going to Oman will be processed and sponsored by heliodyssey team. Incase of any rejection or cancellation of visa neither team Heliodessy nor SPACE India will be responsible for it and the student will not be able to go to Oman.
- The scanned copy of the following self-attested documents need to be uploaded during
- Passport size photograph.
- Photocopy of Previous year final mark-sheet.
- Photocopy of Valid School identity card
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card/Passpor